In addition to advising on all aspects of claiming benefits, our advisors are now able to offer advice on energy efficiency in the home.
Northamptonshire Energy Saving Service (NESS) is an exciting new 3 year £1.1million Project funded by National Grid’s Warm Homes Fund which aims to tackle Fuel Poverty across Northamptonshire.
The Project which aims to support up to 6,000 households over the three year period was designed and is being delivered by Community Law Service ( Northampton & County) in partnership with Care and Repair (Northamptonshire), South Northants Volunteer Bureau (snvb) and Citizens Advice Services Corby and Kettering. Northamptonshire County Council are providing a strategic lead for the Project.
The service will provide:
• Comprehensive Welfare Benefit advice and Benefit and grant income maximisation
• Support for households to find better deals for the supply of energy: electricity and/or gas, LPG or heating oil. Debt advice and casework and Money advice including financial capability support e.g. budgeting advice, access to basic bank accounts
• Referrals for Warm Homes Discounts
• Referrals for Priority Services Register
• Home energy assessments followed by a range of practical measures in the home to address the issues identified
• Identification of eligible households and administration of the Emergency Fund for replacement boilers where the need cannot be met through any other resource and carrying out all the required works
• Gas safety checks, servicing and minor boiler repairs
• Referrals for support under ECO
• Energy efficiency advice
• A mixed model of service delivery aimed at maximising access to the Project services which will include advice centre appointments, community outreach appointments, home visits, telephone advice, email advice and innovative service delivery on the Rural Information Centre vehicle
Telephone 01604 623700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org